Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weather at pilani
20-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Weather at pilani
I just checked the weather reports from pilani and i found that the temp tday is 45 degree celsius!Isnt that like damn hot?!?What is the weather patten during the rest of the year?.are the classes and hostels air conditioned?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2010, 12:55 AM

classes are not air conditioned. N ya da temp are pretty high soaring up till 50 degrees or so ( extreme ) . The weather kinda sux n dats 1 of da reasons i left Pilani. However i think 1ce u strt staying der u'll adjust 2 da climate n it wont matter so much.
If u want AC in classrooms den cum to Goa or Hyd.
Classrooms are 1 of da best places to sleep @ r campus D D

2009A8PS136G
Electronix n Instrumentation
BITS Pilani Goa Campus
20-06-2010, 11:42 AM

Yeah weather is harsh. But it wont be that bad if you are from North India.
In any case 1000s of students do manage quite well.
20-06-2010, 12:11 PM

@trubitsian:U left pilani?Can u transfer from one campus to another?!
20-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Re: Weather at pilani
AMAL Wrote:I just checked the weather reports from pilani and i found that the temp tday is 45 degree celsius!Isnt that like damn hot?!?What is the weather patten during the rest of the year?.are the classes and hostels air conditioned?

It is completely manageable . The winter is fun and we wont be there on campus during the summer extreme. The classes have coolers and nothing other than fans in the rooms. And please don't opt out Pilani for this reason.
20-06-2010, 04:34 PM

AMAL Wrote:@trubitsian:U left pilani?Can u transfer from one campus to another?!

You can do at the time of the iterations. Also you can get transferred after 1st sem on basis of BITSAT marks , based on availability of seats in the other campuses. You'll be competing with the 2nd sem admission people.
21-06-2010, 02:56 PM
weather
yo.bak aftr a year.
nyways.weather is completely manageable.ppl cm up vth innovativ ways.evn this yr ppl used self-made coolers, which wer awesom.
nd m frm chennai.<south india> and i feel weather s copletely manageable.its nt lyk u r jus givn hot weather n no ways to combat it + common rooms hav coolers<started last sem>.so u dnt hv nythin to wrry abt
25-07-2010, 08:39 PM

i heard lecture halls n library in pilani campus were ac.iz dat nt tru?omg.i ws actually plannin of spending d whole day dere. Sad Sad Sad Sad

2010A8PS216P
B.E.(Hons.) Electronics and Instrumentation
BITS Pilani-Pilani campus
25-07-2010, 08:46 PM

Its air cooled (not conditioned), but it holds up quite good. And the computer center is full AC, you can spend the whole day there instead!
26-07-2010, 10:44 AM

k gud.bt when i visited d college jus abt a week ago.i sumhow gt d idea dat d library was air "conditioned".was i mistaken?